Ohio Revised Code (ORC) Sec. 317.114
Ohio House Bill 525 Guidelines Effective 7/1/2009
Guidelines are as follows:
- Computer font size of at least 10 point
- Minimum paper size 8 ½ x 11; Maximum paper size 8 ½ x 14
- Black or Blue Ink ONLY
- No use of Highlighting
- 3 inch margin on the top of the first Page ONLY. (Reserved for Recorder, Auditor & Engineer)
- Margins of 1 ½ inch on top of each of the remaining pages
- Margins of 1 inch on each side of the page and on the bottom
NOTE: If a document does NOT conform to these guidelines, an additional $20.00 will be collected.
In addition, notary stamps, seals, and any signatures and initials that may appear within the instrument or document need NOT satisfy the font size requirement and NO additional fees will be charged or collected by the County Recorder for such a nonconformance.
This law does not apply to:
- Any document from any court or taxing authority
- Any State or Federal Documents
- Any Document executed before the effective Date of this law